Thursday, July 12, 2018

I left the car door open

We went to San Antonio to see our family a couple weeks ago. It was so much fun. While we were planning our trip, my mom wanted to rent a car. She likes to not rely on others to drive her around. I asked my cousin something about where we were going to meet up, and she insisted on driving us around. She said the roads in San Antonio are crazy with construction. We ended up using Susie’s chauffeur service during our whole trip. It was really special because we saw family that we haven’t seen in a very long time. My cousin David even drove from Dallas. I hadn’t seen him or my cousin Rosa since 2005. They had fun meeting Noah. My cousin Susie lives in Switzerland. 

We went to four shopping malls. We did a lot more than just shopping though. It’s blazing hot in San Antonio in July. We tried to mostly do things inside. We went to the Children’s Museum. It was hands on which was great for Noah. We had a meal at my cousin Rosa’s house. I forgot how good her cooking is. I ate so much food on this trip. We also went to the Riverwalk. I highly recommend the boat ride. I learned so much. There’s a hotel in San Antonio that was moved. It was transported on trucks and it took four days to move it. 

We of course went to The Alamo. When I was there in 2000, we stopped briefly. This time we went in and it was so interesting. I love history. Noah thought it was pretty neat. That evening, we went out to dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant. It was Noah’s pick to have Italian food. We had an amazing dinner and spent a long time talking and eating. I had pizza with whole cloves of garlic. It was so good. I even put it in my suitcase and flew home with it. I had never done that before. 


After a great meal and the end of our trip approaching we went out to the car. It was an odd sight. The door was wide open. We thought someone had broken in but then we realized that I forgot to shut the door.  I had never done that before. I guess I thought Noah was getting out on my side. It was weird that none of us noticed. No one said said there’s a car with the door open. Thankfully, the car wasn’t stolen and nothing was taken. My family will bring this up for years to come. I always give my cousin Susie a hard time about running out of gas years ago. Now it’s my payback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment