Monday, March 11, 2019

Michigan Road trip

I have lived in Indiana almost my entire life, except for the three years I lived in Florida. I have traveled all over the US but I have never been to Michigan. The only time I have been in Michigan was in the Detroit airport. I don’t think that really counts. It’s pretty crazy to think that I have never been to the state above me. I am not sure why I have never been there. I have a really good friend who lives there half of the year. I always say I will go see her. I have never made it up there.  I would love to hop in the car and do a Michigan road trip.  It really wouldn’t be worth a plane ticket because when it’s close, you always have to fly somewhere far away first. I don’t understand why certain flights that go somewhere else. One time I flew to Detroit for a layover flying from Tampa, Florida to Manchester, New Hampshire. 

Since I have never been to Michigan, I would really want to explore and make a awesome trip out of it. I would like to go to Lake Michigan. I am sure it’s beautiful. I love water. I would like to make this a summer trip so I don’t have to worry about snow or ice. Maybe even take a trip to Saugatuck to check out the beach. I am sure it will be a bit different than the beaches I’m used to. 

I love lighthouses, a stop at Ludington to tour the lighthouses would be high on my list. I am sure it would be really interesting. We could even take a shore cruise aboard the S.S. Badger. 

For some thrilling fun, we could go to Michigan Adventure. It looks like a great amusement park. Noah and I love going on rides as long as they aren’t roller coasters. I’m fine with him not liking them because I don’t like them. 

Noah would want to go to The Henry Ford Museum. He loves cars and all things mechanical. He has always been interested in how things work. When he was three years old, he used to turn his toys upside down to figure out how they work. I am sure he would try and convince me to go to Canada too. He tries to do that a lot. I seem to forget that Canada is not too far away. 


Of course, we would have to visit my friend Jamie and her family if we were in Michigan. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen her but I’m sure it would be just like old times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment