Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Driver’s education

When your child is getting ready to learn how to drive, it can be a really exciting and really stressful time. They are excited for their impending freedom. You are stressed out with worry.  There’s a lot of things to consider when they are approaching this huge life achievement. Knowing how to drive isn’t something you are born knowing. My son however used to tell me he knows how to drive a car. Before your child gets their license, they have to learn how to drive. Learning how to drive can be nerve wracking for everyone involved. Emotions can run high.

 You need to decide if you want to teach your child to drive or have them take driver’s ed. I think a lot of it has to do with what you’re comfortable with. I personally wouldn’t want the responsibility of teaching Noah to drive. I think I would get too anxious and it probably wouldn’t go well. I may have someone close to me teach him, but it won’t be me. It takes a lot of patience to teach a child to drive. It’s something you need to be calm under pressure. I am not that calm in stressful situations honestly. 

 Another a benefit for signing them up for Driver’s Ed is they also get a good knowledge of rules and driving laws. Making sure your child is completely prepared and ready for all kinds of situations is important. They will also talk about drinking and driving and texting and driving. The videos are enough to scare anyone from doing those things. There’s usually also an extra benefit by taking drivers ed when it comes to taking the driving test. 

Your child will also get driving time with an actual instructor which could be priceless. You know that they are learning the proper techniques while driving. The car is also safer because they have brakes too, when you are teaching your child to drive, you have to trust them not to make mistakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment