Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sheila’s Garlic Burger Recipe


This recipe is one of my absolute favorites. I have about ten recipes or so that are my favorites. Most people like to eat a good burger unless you are a vegetarian then you probably don't. I have had many different types of burgers at restaurants. I have made many hamburgers but hands down this is my absolute favorite. Once you try these you will not want to have any ordinary burger again. It contains two of my favorite ingredients. Onions and Garlic. I have made my Garlic burgers for friends and family. We had them at Noah's second birthday party. Everyone raves about them.  

I make these on a grill pan. A skillet will also work. I guess you could make them on a grill, however I will not because the best part is the little bits of yumminess. They are onions and garlic that have glazed on the grill pan. Those little bits would fall in the grill and that would make me really sad. 

Check out those huge chunks of garlic!
Garlic Burgers

1 pound hamburger
1 head of Garlic or 2 smallish heads
1 small onion 
Seasoning Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the top off the head of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake for 45 minutes. You are roasting the garlic. 

While the garlic cools enough for you to handle, chop the onion in to small pieces. Place the hamburger in a bowl and add the onion and garlic. 

I try and use my fingers to get the cloves out whole or almost whole. You can squeeze it but really you are wasting garlic goodness. 

Mix together with your hands and shape in to four patties. Make them thin because they thicken as they cook. 

Liberally sprinkle your grill pan with seasoning salt and pepper.  Preheat your grill pan or skillet be sure to not breathe in the pepper while it heats up. You will know it is ready when you can put a drop of water on it and it will sizzle up. 

Place the hamburgers on the grill pan or skillet and let them cook. Try not to flip them too much, for even cooking. 

If you want to add cheese do it when they are completely cooked. I don't like cheese on mine. It doesn't need it.  

I also like to heat the bun on top of the cooked burgers. 

Remove hamburgers and scrape the brown bits off. It is the best part. It's caramelized onion and roasted garlic. 

Enjoy! 

Let me know if you try this recipe. I look forward to your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment