Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mickey Mote Review



I wanted to share with you guys about a fun and interactive way to watch DVD’s. My son like most children answers the TV when they ask him a question. I think that the Mickey Mote is a great way to be involved in the DVD. Noah loves to play little games so, he loves the Mickey Mote. The Mickey Mote is a child’s sized remote that you can use to play along with specially marked Disney DVD’s. This would be a great gift for your preschooler. You get the same game system feel without the expense. I had bought him one of those baby game systems when he was younger and he never really played it, so I am leery to spend a lot on another game system for him.



I think that the Mickey Mote is perfect for the price and the enjoyment that your child will get from playing this. I wish they had something like this when I was younger. You know that almost all kids love playing with the remote. I had bought Noah his own little toy remote, but this Mickey Mote actually does something. It is really easy to program with your own DVD remote. You just press the buttons in a certain order and you are good to go. I had to program it on my DVD player up in my room because I didn’t know where the DVD remote was downstairs. I found it the other day and I am excited to program it to that DVD player so Noah can play with it downstairs.
How It Works:

The Mickey Mote works with any Disney Preschool DVD that includes Discovery Mode(tm), the interactive "Watch & Play" feature on the DVD! All parents have to do is program the remote control - there's an easy and quick set-up guide in each DVD- and select the Discovery Mode feature on the menu screen. Within minutes, kids will be easily responding to questions, throughout the story, about scenes they just watched (such as "What color is Goofy's hat?") by pressing one of four color-coded buttons on the device -- a yellow star, green circle, orange triangle or blue square - to click in their responses. Discovery Mode features include two levels of play, which provides more challenging questions as the child grows.

Why Parents Will Love It:
Once families have purchased a Disney Preschool DVD that comes packaged with the Mickey Mote, they can continue to build their Disney Preschool libraries as the Mickey Mote works in compatibility with any Discovery Mode enhanced DVD. For example, kids can immediately use the remote with any of the following titles:


* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Road Rally
* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Adventures in Wonderland
* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Choo Choo
* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie's Bow-Tique
* Handy Manny: Manny's Motorcycle Adventure
* Handy Manny: Manny's Big Race
* Little Einsteins: Fire Truck Blast Off
* My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Super Duper Super Sleuths
* My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh

Discovery Mode can also be played with any DVD remote as well.



Noah received the Mickey Clubhouse and The Handy Manny DVD’s. He likes to play along and also just watch the DVD’s when he just wants to relax. I think that they help with memory and helps preschoolers recall something they saw, which is great for cognitive skills. His favorite is definitely Handy Manny. Noah loves to fix things like Handy Manny. We even have a Handy Manny toy or two. Noah likes the Mickey’s Clubhouse though too. I played for a while at first to figure it out and I had a lot of fun. I had to make sure I knew how it worked so if he had questions I could show him how. He was able to figure it out quickly and he was very interested in what was going on. I am definitely going to buy some more of the DVD’s for the Mickey Mote as they become available. If you have more than one child you could easily purchase two sets with remotes if that is an issue but I like good old fashion sharing and taking turns.

You can find the Mickey Mote at most retail stores. You can find it in the Electronics department with the kids DVD’s. The sets with the remote are $29.99 with a bunch of DVD’s you can purchase for endless hours of play. Recommended Ages are 2-5 years old.

Thank you to Walt Disney Entertainment for providing my family with a complimentary Mickey Mote for us to try out. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment