Thursday, February 28, 2013

Learning how to Drive



It’s time for yet another Sheilacakes confession.  I don’t have a driver’s license.  I don’t mean that I don’t have one because I lost it or it was suspended.  I mean I don’t know how to drive.  I know that is kind of weird. I just didn’t have a desire to drive. I didn’t get excited about getting my first car or anything.  When I was sixteen a friend of mine was in a serious car accident and became paralyzed so, I was not in any hurry to learn how to drive or get my license. Now that I am a mom to a kindergartener, who has all kinds of programs, has to be taken to and from school, and loves to go to the library, it is about that time to learn.   

Here in Florida, you have to take a written test to get your permit now.  I don’t know a whole lot about driving, besides what I learned from riding in a car.  I would probably have to study. I don’t want to have to take it a bunch of times. I don’t have time for that.   I don’t even know what all you need to know for the test.  I have thought about doing private driving lessons.  I don’t want to be a 31 year old mom who is in driver’s education courses with 15 year olds.  They are immature and wouldn’t take the class seriously. I am too old and too busy to have kids goofing off when I am trying to actually learn.  Thankfully, with the internet and sites about driver’s education, I will be in a good place to start looking for a school to attend to be able to drive. My Grandma Rose didn’t drive either. I think she drove once and that was enough for her.  My grandpa always did all the driving and he didn’t mind one bit.

Do you know any adults that don’t know how to drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment