Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Macaroni and Cheese made in a New Way!




Now that it is getting warmer, I know a lot of people don’t want to use their ovens and stoves because it heats up their home. People who don’t have central air like my bestie, Brandy is one of them, especially stick to sandwiches in the summer. I came up with a genius way to make Mac and Cheese. I know what you are thinking, in the microwave. It’s gross in the microwave, trust me I know.  It’s not the microwave however. It’s in an electric skillet. They are such an amazing invention, and I love mine. Our oven and stove are having issues at the moment and Noah really wanted mac and cheese. 
So, it dawned on me, after making what my best friend calls poor man grilled cheese with toast and the microwave. I could use my electric skillet. It was sitting on my counter. In my defense, it had been a long five days at this point.  I was curious how making Mac and cheese in the electric skillet would turn out.  I carefully measured six cups of water per the instructions on the Kraft Mac and Cheese box. I have honestly only measured water a few times for mac and cheese in my life. I didn’t want to over fill or get the electric skillet wet before using. The other times were probably in Home Ec or Foods class because I am convinced that the teachers know exactly to a science what 6 cups of water look like. I wouldn’t want to get points off of my grades. Cooking is one of my passions and I can’t fail at that ever. It’s not allowed.  Here’s how I made it.

Mac and Cheese in an Electric Skillet
6 cups of water
1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup milk

Turn on the electric skillet to 350 degrees. Carefully place 6 cups of water in the electric skillet. Bring water to a boil. It doesn’t take as long in the electric skillet unless you have a super fast stove that boils water in 90 seconds.

Pour in Macaroni and cook for 7 and a half minutes.

Drain macaroni

I then poured the macaroni in a Tupperware bowl and add the butter and let it melt.

Add the cheese mix and the milk and stir until completely mixed.

Enjoy!

This would be great if you are in a hotel room or at college too.

It tastes and looks exactly like I made it on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment