Monday, December 22, 2014

Shopping for Noah's First Car Seat



Becoming a parent is the most amazing experience that you can have. It can also be very stressful. When I was pregnant with Noah, it was amazing yet scary at the same time. I was very high risk for different reasons during my entire pregnancy. I was really nervous about shopping for him until I was about five months along. I also found out that I was high risk for another reason. I had to shop efficiently because I wasn't allowed to be out shopping a lot. Buying a car seat was probably the most important item I purchased. You have to have one when you leave the hospital. I remember getting annoyed at the nurse's aide when I was putting him in the car seat. This was after spending the last two weeks of my pregnancy in the hospital on bed rest. I wanted to get out of there as soon as I could. I know she was just doing her job.

I ended up getting another one shortly after he was born. The one I had was too bulky. It also came with the matching stroller. I had better luck with it. It wasn't as heavy. I also had a baby who was built like a linebacker and he grew out of his infant car seat around 8 months old. I had to get a convertible car seat to accommodate his size. I was able to use it for a long time. I did miss being able to grab the seat and go. It's funny because I used to not be strong and my body has grown to be able to carry him. I would worry about being able to carry him once he was older. I guess that's one of the mysteries of motherhood. Maybe it's love. There's so much to consider when buying a car seat though. You need to make sure you are doing your research.

To see what all I recommend you know when buying a car seat check out my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment