Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Hello kindness are you out there?

You know that old saying nice guys finish last? It is true. I feel like not only do I finish last but I end up being hurt before I finish. I just don’t understand why no matter how hard I help someone or whatever nice thing I do it always kicks me in the pants later. You would think by now I would be cynical and mean but I can’t bring myself to do that. I can’t stop caring or helping others just because I always end up getting the short end of the stick. Not to sound like I am bragging but I know I am a good person. I would do anything to help someone in need. I do as much as I can. I remember I knew this girl that didn’t have food for her son so what did I do? I cleaned out my cabinets and gave her a big box full of food. I would rather go hungry than see a child go hungry. That ended in disaster. It wasn’t that she thought I was being rude or anything. She gladly accepted the food with open arms.

There have been many many other times I have done things for people and even gone places I didn’t want to go because they wanted to go but not alone. I could think of a million other things I would rather do than go to a car auction or a flea market. I went anyways because I wanted them to go. I ended up getting really overheated at the car auction. I did so many things for that person and I end up being treated like crap. I still don’t know what I could of possibly done and probably never will. Honestly, I didn’t do anything wrong. I would help anyone if it was possible for me to do so. If I couldn’t help say financially, I would figure out a way for them to get the help they needed. I am not asking for people to shower me with praise or even throw me a parade. Just that they don’t forget what I did, having a part in helping make someone’s dream come true. A simple thank you and not treating me like I am like a Kleenex when you are done would be great. Sometimes I can really related to the song Scars by Papa Roach. 

Those are just a small sampling of things I have done. I have done them out of kindness. I just never expected my kindness to be taken for granted over and over and over again. I guess I should expect it now. I still have hope though. My grandma was the most wonderful woman; she would do anything for anyone. I guess I am following in her footsteps. I always look for the good in people. That was how I was raised and taught to be. I believe there is kindness and good in everyone. Well, there are a few exceptions but for the most part that is what I believe. I look for the beauty in people. Beauty is more than just an outward appearance it is found within too. I am teaching my son the same values and morals that I was taught. 

I think it is really important to teach my son that everyone is special and that it doesn’t matter what they look like or what race or religion someone is. What matters is their heart. I am teaching him that people’s actions and thoughts are way more important than they way they look. I have a whole theory about this. It will have to wait for another post though. I just don’t understand why people treat me like crap. I don’t deserve it. I will have to keep hoping there will be others out there that will treat me the way I treat them. The standard Golden Rule is Treat people like you want to be treated. I wish more people lived by that same rule as I do. Sadly, a lot of people don’t. I don’t understand why they don’t. 

It’s not hard to treat people with respect and kindness. There is so much hate in the world that we can’t control so I think that people should do their part to help there be peace and kindness. Most of the hate and mean spirited things are things that are so trivial that in the big picture it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter what someone else has that you don’t. It doesn’t matter if someone is different than you. Everyone is different and that is great. Those differences don’t give you a reason to hate them. We need to embrace each others differences and learn to co-exist peacefully together. How hard is that really? Not at all in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment