Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scholastic’s Treasury of 25 Fairy Tales, Magic, and More DVD set Review!

Photobucket
Growing up I loved to read books. Scholastic books were always ones I liked to read. I remember when my teachers would send home the order forms for me to order books. It was always fun to pick out a couple books to purchase. My mom is a teacher too so we always had Scholastic Books at home. One of my favorite stories was Strega Nona. I always thought it was a cool book. I loved how she could magically “cook” spaghetti from her magic pot and how much trouble Big Anthony got in for touching the pot. It was a story my mom liked to teach her students. She made up a song about Strega Nona and we still sometimes sing it today. Noah doesn’t like the song. It’s pretty scary if you ask me honestly. Don’t tell my mom I said that though.

So when I had the opportunity to review Scholastic’s Treasury of 25 Fairy Tales, Magic, and More DVD set, I was really excited. I was happy to see that I would be able to watch Strega Nona and share the story with my son. I am so glad to see that they have brought all kinds of stories to life. I know that through your imagination they come to life but seeing them come to life through another person’s imagination is a great experience. There are all kinds of stories on DVD from Scholastic. It reminds me of when I was in Elementary School and we would occasionally watch a video of a book during Library.

We love the Treasury of 25 Fairy Tales, Magic, and More DVD set. I was so eager for my son to be able to watch them all. I am one of those moms who wants to share things from my childhood with my son. There are certain things I want him to see and do and certain traditions I want him to take a part in. Books and movies are definitely one of them.

Watching the Treasury of Fairy Tales, Magic, and More, I reminded me of my childhood and reading and hearing these stories that I had heard back then. Some of them I had forgot and some of them I remember like it was just yesterday.

Noah was hearing and seeing them for the first time. He sat on my lap part of the time and he also would just stare at the stories with his full attention. It was really cool to see his response to the stories. He loves for me to tell him stories and read him books. I am so lucky to be able to share with all of you about these wonderful DVD sets. They are so wonderfully done. They use the same illustrations as the books. Something else really cool is you can select the read along option if you have a child learning to read or wants to read along. I will be using that feature in the future. Some of the stories are also animated.

They are something that would be great for a holiday or birthday present. I think the Treasury of 25 Fairy Tales, Magic, and More DVD set is the perfect addition to any family’s DVD collection. You will probably remember some of the stories too and be reminded of your childhood just as I was.

For more information and to find out where you can purchase these, Please visit here.

Thank you so much to Scholastic for providing me with the Treasury of 25 Fairy Tales, Magic and More DVD set to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment