Friday, August 27, 2010

Noah the Sports Star?

Noah is at the age where he is starting to be interested in sports and activities. When I ask him what sports he wants to play he responds tennis and soccer. I am not sure why he wants to play tennis. The only person I know who used to play tennis is my sister. I am not convinced he knows really what tennis is. I think tennis is very boring and I am sure he would as well. I see him doing something active like football, soccer or even martial arts training. Noah’s pediatrician has said since he was a little baby that he is built like a linebacker. He has always been solid and bigger than average. I bet he would have fun playing soccer or football. Then you have all the health and exercise benefits that go along with it.

I think that martial arts training would be great to teach discipline and self esteem for kids. I think that it really cool to watch and it makes children feel better about themselves. It is also a great way to keep the kids off the streets. I think if more kids did things like martial arts and sports then there would be less time to cause trouble. You can even buy a martial arts DVD to learn some of the moves at home. Some families don’t have the time or gas to go back and forth to classes. I am not one of those parents that will force their dreams or things on their child. Noah can make the choices of the activities he wants to do. Mama has the final say though of course. I have seen some children that were almost forced to do a sport or activity and they ended up hating what they were pushed to do. I want to make Noah’s childhood as much fun as I can.

What kinds of activities do your children do? I am always interested in what you have to say.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment