Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You Don't Know When it will be the End of the World.

Personally, I am really sick of all the end of the world talk. You know how the NPR said that Judgment Day is on May 21,2011, which is totally false saying it was in the Bible. Some people think that the end of the world is in 2012. They even made a movie about it; the supporting evidence is the Mayan Calendar ends. Well, the Mayans haven’t been around for a very long time. Just because they stopped making the calendar doesn’t mean it is the end of the world. I am sure they just didn’t think back then that the world would still be around or maybe they got tired of making a calendar and figured someone else will make the new one. Last I checked the Mayans are not prophets, they don’t posses some kind of power to know when the world will end. I personally believe that no one knows when Judgment Day or the end of the world will be. The only one who knows is God.

It really has been hysteria and an obsession for some. People have been so worried about when the end of the world will be using things like the internet as evidence. There are people that have count downs and secret “battle” plans. Some have drills where they practice what they will do. In my opinion that is pure insanity. I am not sure if they think it is going to be like The Stand by Stephen King, where there is a horrible plague and that they could be one of the few survivors that are responsible of recreating the human race. I believe when the time comes there will be the rapture, and then the end of the world and that is the end of the world, no survivors. I wouldn’t want to be left behind. I don’t want to see the end of the world and the aftermath. I wouldn’t want to be responsible for that, and have to go through that huge loss. I have no doubt that when the rapture comes and I am still on Earth that I will float to heaven with all my loved ones.

I watch The 700 Club sometimes, and someone asked Pat Robertson about the whole NPR thing and Pat told a story about when CBN started there was a man who called up Pat and said I really have to get on TV and talk to everyone because the end of the world is on Sunday, and that God told him so. Of course that wasn’t true. Pat said that the man ended up in a mental hospital on that Monday. He said it was 50 years ago. I personally believe that no one knows, no one will know, it will just happen. Honestly it does scare me to think about, I know I am going to heaven if it happens during my lifetime, but it still is kinda scary to me. There is so much I want to do still. I hope it won’t be for a very very long time, but who knows? I am sure this is not the first, second, third time someone has “predicted” the end of the world and I am sure it won’t be the last.

2 comments:

  1. I think the signs from the bible are showing themselves more and more that the end is near, telling there will be wars & rumors of wars. And as the bible states , our time which seems to be years is just a blink of an ye to God, so only he knows and that's why we need to be ready. I was wondering that same thing just yesterday, thinking that I know I'm ready but why do I and others I'm sure wonder why they still fear dying. I think it's because we fear leaving our loved ones here, selfish on our parts knowing we love them so & will miss them. For me as I am older midaged now just turning 51yrs, for me I fear that my grandson will be sad with me passing on, so that saddens me. We shouldn't fear a travel that will be so bliss, yet we do for the loved ones we leave behind. I guess I got totally off the subject, but that's why we need to take each day spending each second as a blessing and Thank God for each person that each day in our lives were shared with and give of ourselves not want, because that's why we are even here to let others see him in us. I hadn't talk to you in a long while, glad I saw this post come up on your newsletter I sub too. Hope you have a great day Sheila, we are blessed in ways we even forget and I'm happy to have met you in the blog world. I have my blog going now, j=hope you can swing by and visit some time and follow me on GFC. I share my thoughts too from time to time, glad to have read yours here today. I started me a craft page on there too where I share my ideas, I need to share the one of the crayon rolls like I made and sent Noah, Hope you & he are great. Take Care & God Bless ~ Julie from http://mamawjsmomentaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I believe the world is "ending" or "ending as we know it" because there are both theories out there. As far as signs, I do see some of the signs, having never read the bible I am educated in some areas and end of the world is certainly something I have learned a lot about in both a science and bible perspective. I would prefer to live for today and enjoy todays happiness rather than focus on whether or not the world is ending and when.

    ReplyDelete