Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An Unexpected Trip to South Carolina- Part One

We took an unexpected trip to South Carolina a couple weeks ago to visit my sister and brother in law. It was very short notice. We decided on Sunday afternoon and left Monday at noon. We drove so it was a very long drive. We broke it up in to two days on the way down. We could have drove the fourteen hours in one day but that would be really exhausting for everyone. We had a pretty good drive the first day, Noah was excellent. He loved looking at the mountains and all the trucks. I was very proud of him and he would let us know when he needed to go to the bathroom in enough time where we were able to stop. He didn’t have any accidents the entire trip. The first night at our hotel, we were in Knoxville, and stayed at a hotel by a huge fireworks sign. That was Noah’s favorite thing to look at. Later that night I got really sick. I started with a headache and then came all the vomit. I am not sure what was wrong with me. I am thinking it might be from stress or worrying about things. After having a rough night I was fine in the morning.

We loaded everything back up in the car and headed down the road. We only had a four or five hour drive the second day, that felt like an eternity. It seemed like North Carolina and South Carolina took forever to drive through. I probably got 3 hours of sleep the night before. I was so happy when we finally were at my sister’s and brother in law’s house. My sister was at work and well my brother in law was no where to be found. I finally called him and he eventually showed up. They have a gorgeous home, with hard wood floors that you will hear more about later. We spent the evening chatting, watching Sprout of course, and ordered pizza. My brother in law is from New Mexico and he makes the best homemade salsa. I kind of remember the recipe but I might have to email my sister and have him tell me again. This pizza had huge slices. I only had one and I was full. I was so exhausted that I couldn’t wait to go to sleep and wake up the next morning refreshed and more sociable.

Our first full day at my sister’s was very laid back it was raining but warm. We just pretty much hung out the whole time. Noah was able to play with a neighbor boy and they had a lot of fun. My mom and I went to Publix to pick up a few things. We both love Publix. As soon as we walked in, we were handed a sample of Red Velvet cake. My mom had to get her mango pie. I had to do what I call my Publix tradition. When we lived in Florida, every time we went to Publix, I would weigh myself on the giant scale, so I had to follow suit. This was a dangerous day for me. I was down stairs and I needed to get on my laptop so I bolted up the stairs and almost fell down. I decided maybe I should slow down a little bit. I took a shower a little bit later and fell down getting out of the shower. It hurt so bad. I was ok though. I ended up with a nasty bruise and a little pain. I was glad that if someone had to fall that it was me versus Noah or my mom.

We went to a really cool seafood restaurant called The Docks, I think. They have tons of shrimping boats and a lot of the food is caught fresh. The food was amazing. Noah had his own Cherry Coke for the first time. He was so excited. I ordered twin lobster tails for dinner. I thought it was going to be small lobster tails like at restaurants here, but it was two big lobster tails. They were both 6 ounce tails. I had a very delicious lunch the following day too since I had leftovers. The waitress loved Noah, he was talking up a storm to her and she was bragging to the other employees about how smart he is. Noah was really good at the restaurant too, sipping away at his cherry coke. He wanted to be like his uncle and have the same drink as him. We had a lot of fun at the restaurant. My brother in law had to go do his rounds, so we came home and went to bed.

The second part of this post will be soon.

4 comments:

  1. We just got home from Publix. JDaniel loves to stop in the bakery for samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's a coastal town? Lucky girls having relatives near the water! I love So. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam- My Brother in Law is a Marine and is stationed at Paris Island, and they live in a town really close to there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JDanielsmom- When we lived in Florida, Noah was a member of the Cookie Club at Publix.

    ReplyDelete