Monday, April 22, 2013

We will Miss you Lexy.

A couple days ago, we noticed our kitty Lexy was not acting like her self. She wasn't in pain, but was very lazy. That's not normally like her. She hid for the first time in a long time. It took us twenty minutes to find her under a bed. There is a lot of stuff being stored under there. She was almost twenty years old. My sister and I both got kittens when I was 11. Lucy was "mine" but I loved them both equally. Lucy and Lexy lived with me. When Lucy died it was heartbreaking.

Lexy passed away on April 19th sometime in the early morning.  She died peacefully. We are all heartbroken and so sad. She has been in our family for a long time. Noah is heartbroken.  I hated having to tell him. I didn't tell him before school, he didn't ask or I would have.  I knew it would be hard for him to go to school knowing. They were throwing water balloons at the principal for doing their homework over spring break.  When Noah came home he noticed that the litter box was gone. He asked where it was. I sat him down and broke the bad news to him. I held him while we both cried. He said I am glad that Lexy gets to go to heaven and she gets to see Lucy but I am so sad because I miss her and I won't get to see her again.  It is weird not having any pets after 19 years. It becomes routine and you love them so much. 

Both Lucy and Lexy are and were extremely loved. They were good and sweet cats that lived long lives.  We miss them terribly.

Now to pick up the pieces of our broken hearts.....

36 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. My cats were 18 and 19 when they passed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 20! Sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Hugs. I've had and lost 5 cats from age five until age 31. I know how you're feeling! We just adopted a kitten this week. My house doesn't feel like a home without a cat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss. I miss my feline family members (Schmo, Rover, Harry, Bayley and Campbell) - some were childhood pets, so it has been decades since they passed away... and I still miss them.

    My father once said to me that if you are not crushed by the loss of your pet, then you didn't deserve to have them in your life. For some reason, I found that comforting.

    Write down some of your favorite stories about them - someday, you will smile when you read them, rather than crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry for your loss.

    Our German Shepherd is in her twilight years and I am not looking forward to facing this at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Sheila and Noah. That's a hard thing to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry. This must be terribly sad for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss. We have lost cats before and it never gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry... pets are part of the family and it is hard on everyone when they leave...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ((HUGS)) Hope you feel better soon, Sheila! And, please know that I'm here for you whenever you need me, k.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry. Pets have a way of getting a piece of your heart without you knowing it, especially ones that take such a huge part of our lives. I wish you family the best in coping with the sadness and remembering all the good times and love they showed you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so devastating. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry :( it's never easy.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry for your loss. My MIL recently lost her cat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry. I just found out my parents' cat is dying too :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry for your loss. My cat has been missing for 4 months and I hope that one day he appears at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry! It's never easy to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am soooo sorry sweetie. I cannot even imagine losing my baby, Harrison Ford. He had surgery a few years back and I was a mess. They had to open his tummy to get something he ate out of his intestines. It was the worst! :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really sorry. We lost our special kitty (16 years old) in 2010 and it was really hard on the family. We still talk about Tribble.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry. :( I wish I could say something to make it better.

    ReplyDelete