Friday, February 26, 2016

How to Make Your Own Hair Bows



Growing up, my sister and I used to make all kinds of things. We made and sold stationary. I used to make candles. My sister would make things out of clay. She would also make things out of masking tape. I didn’t really do either of those things, but we both liked making hair bows.  I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s so hair bows were big back then. I remember my favorite one was made out of balloons. It was so cool. I really loved it. I remember when I lost it and it was such a sad day. We had to make our own designs and kind of try and make them look pretty because there was not a way to look up how to do it. I don’t remember a book about making hair bows at the library. Now a days, we have it easy because you can find a tutorial or video on anything online. I am still pretty crafty, but I like to use the internet to learn how to do things. I remember how frustrating it was trying to make the perfect hair bow and not know what I was doing. I would sit in the basement with my sister and try and figure it out. We are very close in age so it would occasionally start a disagreement.

Hair bows are still huge with little girls. I only have a son so hair bows are not in our house much. My best friend’s daughter made me a really pretty barrette during one of my visits. I love it, but I don’t really wear hair things anymore. We are in an age of DIY, everyone wants to make things for themselves. It’s sometimes hard to know what works and what doesn’t. Thankfully there are videos that can help you make the perfect hair bows. You don’t even really have to be crafty as they are simple to do. You can be like my sister who has a hair bow that matches my niece’s outfit every day. With a simple video and some supplies making your own hair bows, you won’t have to spend a lot of money and time looking for the perfect hair bow at the store.

Here’s how to learn how to make hair bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment