Friday, May 20, 2016

Color Me Organic helps you color your hair with Herbs





I am not really what you would call a “girly girl.” I love to hang out in my jammies when I am at home, ok I will occasionally wear jammie pants in public to run to the store. I don’t wear high heels or a lot of makeup. I do like to dye my hair occasionally. I haven’t dyed it in a couple years. I bought hair dye a long time ago but I never got around to doing it. Things came up and I just kept pushing it back. Some hair dye can be scary with all the chemicals in it. It can really do some damage to your hair. When I was pregnant with Noah, my sense of smell was very strong, I wasn’t able to be around when my mom dyed her hair which was hard because I was on bed rest. Thankfully, we had a balcony that I could sit on while she did her thing. Speaking of being pregnant, it is not advised that expectant mothers should dye their hair because ammonia is really bad for you.

 I learned about a company called Radico that makes all natural hair color. It’s really interesting because instead of chemicals, parabens, and ammonia, they use herbs. It’s also all organic.  There are no synthetic ingredients.  There’s also no PPD, no PAP and no resorcinol. It works a little slower than other hair colors but that is because there’s no chemicals to speed up the process.



I really like that you use it on dry clean hair. I think that was one of the hang ups for me when it came to the hair color I bought like a year ago. I would never remember to wait for my hair to get dirty to dye it. I guess the chemical dyes work better on dirty hair. I know that chemical dye is a strange name but that’s what it honestly is.  When you word it like that, it makes you rethink what you are putting on your hair. I like that it gradually dyes your hair, and the more you use it the longer it will last. It usually lasts for 2-4 weeks so you can have fun experimenting with all of the 23 colors. They even have purple. If you ever wanted to have purple hair without the commitment of having purple hair, you can definitely use Color Me Organic Hair Colors.   You could use it for highlights for a fun change. My aunt recently put purple highlights in her hair and it looks so cool on her. Gray and purple are a really neat color combination. If you don’t think the color looks good for you, then you don’t have to wait months for it to grow out.

It should work on any hair type too. It’s always important to do the patch test in case the herbs are too strong for you.  It’s not likely, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. It won’t stain your skin, I am not sure if you have ever had the hair dye forehead like I have, but it’s not fun. I remember the first time I wanted to dye my hair, I ended up with red hair dye on my forehead. I had to wear makeup to cover it up the first couple days until it faded. It could have been worse though. My childhood best friend and I decided we were going to try a spray product that highlights your hair, and well she ended up using way too much. All of her hair turned orange. It was pretty funny. I was very relieved that mine didn’t turn orange.

I get to try out a couple colors of  Color Me Organic Hair Color and I will definitely let you know how it goes and how it looks and you can take this journey with me.

For more information and to order please visit Color Me Organic.

Stay tuned for the post about my hair coloring experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment