Thursday, September 1, 2016

Fall Break Plans

We live in a state where we have fall break. It's always in October. It has become a very popular time to get away. We normally like visiting my mom any chance we get but flights are expensive. We don't have time to drive to Florida and she's not off school either. It's a great time to take a short mini vacation.

This year we aren't going anywhere for fall break but I would love to use those days to go to Tennessee for a few days. It's only a 6 hour drive. We could just hop in the car and go. I have wanted to take Noah to Dollywood for years. I would also love to see my cousins that live close. Maybe this fall we can get together in some capacity. This fall break I am already planning some fun things to do while Noah is off for a couple days. We will probably make cookies, watch movies with popcorn, play board games and maybe go out to eat. It's fun to have staycations sometimes. We will also decorate our house for Halloween and make sure we have everything we need to celebrate Halloween. I have no clue what Noah wants to be this year yet. If I had to guess I would say a cat. It might be tricky to find a cat costume.

I wish we were able to go visit my mom but it's not in the cards this year because the flights are too expensive. I can't justify spending that much for only a few nights. I keep hoping flights will go down but I haven't been able to find any. After all the traveling we did this summer, it will be nice just to relax and not have to worry about traveling and school. We use vacations to bond as a family even if we don't go anywhere. I have many fond memories of fall breaks growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment