Thursday, September 1, 2016

How to avoid car scams

Everyone likes winning prizes or getting something for free. You have to be careful that you aren't being either scammed or taken for a ride. The other day, I got the mail and there was an ad from a local business. It had what I would call a lottery ticket on it. I am sure people get them and get really excited that they won. First thing I noticed was it wasn't from a dealership I had heard about. I knew it wasn't exactly what it seemed. I decided just for fun to see what I had won. It said I won $5,000. I read the fine print and it said that I have to compare the code to the winners board to see if I did win.

I had previous experience before with this type of advertising. It turned  out that everyone won something. It was a gift card to some weird website. It's really important to use a reputable car dealership when purchasing a car. I am sure there were many other "$5,000" winners. I am not that lucky to be the only winner. I am afraid that there are people out there that are counting on this win and will be very upset when they take the time to go and find out that they didn't actually win. I don't want anyone to end up in this situation. Do your research and look for dealers who don't pressure you to buy right away. It's a big decision, so make sure you get what you really want. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment