Saturday, March 27, 2010

How to Roast Garlic


I love Garlic. I have been proclaimed the Garlic Queen. We went to Garlic Fest in 2008, in Delray Beach. Noah is a graduate of Garlic University. He has a diploma and all. I love Garlic in every way shape and form. Noah loves garlic too. I definitely prefer fresh garlic and not the kind that comes in a jar. I love roasted garlic. I know some people like it on crackers; I prefer it on Cheddar Pringles. When you go to a restaurant you can pay like 5 or 6 dollars for a head of roasted garlic and some bread or crackers. It is really easy to make. I thought I would do a post on How to Roast Garlic.

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Step 2: Cut the tops off the head of garlic making sure all of the cloves are exposed. You might have to do a little grooming for the ones that don’t get exposed during the initial cut.

Step 3: Get a piece of aluminum foil (big enough to wrap the head of garlic) and place the garlic on it. Drizzle the exposed cloves with Olive Oil and wrap tightly. I think the pull up and twist method works the best.

Step 4: place in a little pan or loaf pan incase of leakage and put in the oven for 45 minutes.

Step 5: Let cool a little and remove the cloves and enjoy.

Now for some hints:

Tight heads work the best.

Don’t break or remove the skin of the garlic before roasting.

To help the garlic cool faster unwrap the aluminum foil.

One head of Garlic can feed two people maybe more depending on how much you love garlic. I usually eat one by myself.

See how easy it is? Now you can have roasted garlic anytime you want.

3 comments:

  1. its good on the grill too!!!
    i am soo jealous there's a garlic fest near you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love roasted garlic. I make mashed potatoes and add hot roasted garlic, ranch dressing mix and bacon bits. It makes The best taters ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE garlic too! Thanks for the roasting idea!

    ReplyDelete