Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ribbon is NOT Vacuum Friendly

I like to scrapbook and make cards, so naturally I own an insane amount of ribbon. I have ribbon in all colors, designs, and textures. I used to take part in online exchanges and crops and the host would send the winners prizes. It was fun. I haven’t scrapbooked in a coon’s age. Well, one of the prizes I received from an online crop was some sheer white ribbon, it was almost see-through. I sometimes do crafts in my room, even though I do have a scrapbook room.

I was cleaning one day and I was in the process of vacuuming, all the sudden my vacuum started smelling really bad and it stopped working. When I looked at what was caught in it, I saw that white sheer ribbon in the brushes. Ribbon is not vacuum friendly. It killed the vacuum cleaner, may it rest in peace. It also ruined my ribbon. I wish I would have seen it.

My other vacuum is junky too. It stinks when I use it. I had two Yankee Candle Macintosh Jar candles lit in my room and it smelled good until I vacuumed and oh man it stunk. Needless to say, I have bad luck with vacuums and there wasn’t a ribbon in sight. I really need to buy a new one, I have my eye on the Miele vacuum cleaner. I really hope my vacuum curse ends with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment