Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey Arnold Season 1 DVD Review



I used to watch Hey Arnold on Nickelodeon. It was a great cartoon and really funny. So, when I had the opportunity to own the first season on DVD, I was excited. I want to share shows I watched when I was younger with Noah. Hey Arnold is one of those shows that aren’t too full of weird potty jokes, which find their way in to kids’ shows these days. It always seems like there is a lesson in each episode. There is just something endearing about Arnold. He is a good kid that always does the right thing.  Arnold has a football shaped head, and is occasionally referred to as Football Head.  Arnold lives with his grandparents in the boarding house their family owns. Grandpa is the typical tall tale telling grandfather. Arnold’s grandma likes to go on crazy adventures that usually have her dressed head to toe in black. You get to know the boarders who are all very funny.

Gerald is Arnold’s best friend and partner in crime. I mean if Arnold would commit a crime.  He is a cool cat that loves listening to jazz music.  Then there is Eugene, he is a typical nerd that gets hurt in almost every episode. It’s nothing serious, just a lot of broken bones.  Eugene is considered very unlucky and even thinks that Arnold is a jinx.  Helga is the bully of the school. She is very mean to Arnold, she treats him badly. Arnold is always really nice to her, even when she treats him badly. We quickly find out that she is secretly in love with Arnold.  She even has a diary of poems about him and a secret Arnold shrine.  There are so many more characters, all very lovable in their own way.

I hope you enjoyed Hey Arnold as much as I do. Hey Arnold is out on DVD now. Check it out and share your favorite Football Head with your children. Hey Arnold is at major retailers now.

Thank you to Nickelodeon for providing me with Hey Arnold Season One for my family to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved Hey Arnold, haven't watched it in ages!

    ReplyDelete