Friday, November 4, 2011

No Bake Cookies Recipe

One of my favorite types of cookies is called No Bake Cookies. I have been eating them for as long as I can remember and probably even before I can I remember. They are so delicious. There are two ways of making them, one with peanut butter and one without, I have always had the kind with peanut butter, because I personally love peanut butter.  If you have never had a no bake cookie, you are seriously missing out on something amazing.  I used to say they should sell them in the store. It took them many years but sometimes you can find them in the bakery section.  I refuse to eat a prepackaged no bake cookie because they are really easy to make and I am sure mine tastes better. I have probably made thousands of no bake cookies so far in my life, so I have it perfected and could probably do it in my sleep. I don’t think I should use the stove in my sleep though.   One of my ex boyfriend’s favorite cookie was no bake cookies so I would make them for him every other week or so.  My no bake cookies are always really liked.
There have been a few mishaps in my no bake cookie career. I remember when I was babysitting, we made no bake cookies and they looked pretty gross and kind of slimy. I am not sure if was the milk being non skim milk, but they still tasted pretty good. A few times I get a little oatmeal happy or I get distracted, so the cookies are really crumbly.

no bake cookies
 Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
3   cups oats

Melt Butter in a big sauce pan. Put in Sugar, Milk and Cocoa. Then Bring to a Boil, continue to boil for one minute, stirring constantly.   Remove from head and add the peanut butter. Stir and then add in oatmeal, blending well. Quickly drop mixture by the spoonful on wax paper. Place in the refrigerator to cool.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Do you enjoy No Bake cookies? I can’t wait to see what you think of my recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment