Tuesday, April 19, 2022

What dating a blogger is like



While I was thinking about dating and random stuff while I was mopping the floor. I started thinking about what it is like to date a blogger. I have never dated a blogger, but thought I wish I could. They would understand almost everything about what I do. It would be so easy to connect on that level. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of single male bloggers online. 

There are some great dad bloggers but they are either married or attached. I am honestly pretty shy about talking about my blog in real life. I love blogging and I have made some really great friends and had some amazing opportunities from it. I am just weird about it. It's a strange job, it's not super mainstream. I remember talking to my aunt and uncle about my blog when I first started almost eight years ago. My uncle was kind of skeptical about the whole product thing. 

I mean how to do explain professional blogging to a potential love interest? I mean it's kind of hard. When I am talking to someone, I mention that I am a writer. I work with brands to promote products and services. Usually the reply is cool or how can I do that? I always say it takes a lot of work and discipline. Some are supportive others think it's weird. I wanted to write a post about what it's like to date a blogger, but I can only tell you what it's like to date me as a blogger. Everyone is different and writes about different things. So, I can't make a blanket statement about dating any blogger. 

I am very disciplined, I have things I have to do right away. Sometimes I have a client who asks if I can post right away. I usually accommodate unless there's a reason I just can't. 

I am great at multitasking. I am not answering an email or doing something to be rude to you. I am listening, I promise. I am not glued to my phone but I might need a few moments to do something. 

I wear a lot of comfy clothes. I work from home and I don't dress up to work. It's just not comfortable. I must be comfortable to be creative. It's just who I am.

I have a pretty open schedule during the day so if you want to grab lunch or go to a movie I am usually good with that. 

I sometimes work weird hours. I will resist texting you at 3 am while I am finishing up something. If you are up, text me. If I don't answer I am probably sleeping. 

I get invited to local events and I might take you along. You need to be professional too. You are an extension of me and my brand. 

I might mention you on my blog. I will usually ask first. I share a lot of stuff publicly. I won't share personal information about you or your life without consent. 

I like to take photos. You might be in said photo. I will have you sign a waiver and a non-disclosure agreement. I get invited to things like movie screenings that are embargoed. That means you can't talk about it, including social media. 

I have spent almost eight years building my brand so it's one of my babies, like Noah is. I have poured my blood, sweat and tears in to this. Your presence is important too. 

I might be guarded about certain things because of confidentiality agreements. Please don't take this personally. You may not have access to my email because of this. 

I will get stressed out. Sorry. It's just part of the job. Just hug me and give me some cupcakes. 

I might ask you to try a product out and ask for your honest and brutal opinions. I will include them in my articles maybe even photos of you using it. 

Read my blog. Get to know me better. I include personal stories in almost all my posts. If you need a list of keywords let me know. 

I might use strange blogging words like SEO. That means search engine optimization. That's basically how to get ranked better in search engines. 

I may have to go on a trip with short notice. Sometimes you might be able to go depending on the brand and the level of the relationship. 

I love creating and trying recipes. That means you get yummy food to try. Who doesn't love food? 

I'm a writer so texts might be long. I have lots of interesting things to say. I don't expect novels back but more than ok or cool would be great. 

I get excited about opportunities, so I will probably get excited about things you are just ok with.  Be excited with me. 

I might ask for your feedback sometimes. Sometimes you just need another pair of eyes to catch things. 

I can work from anywhere if I have internet or cell service which is always nice. 

I might have boxes around. Let me know if you need any. I can open a closed box with my bare hands. 

I have a very supportive community that I am part of full of amazing blogger friends who I love. 

That's basically what it is like to date me as a blogger. Hope you enjoyed reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment