Saturday, January 9, 2010

New series starting soon on Sheilacakes!

I wanted to share with you guys some exciting news about what is coming up on my blog! I decided since Noah loves to cook, I would do a series about cooking with kids featuring products kid friendly cooking items and products that make kid friendly foods. I will also be including kid friendly recipes and cookbooks.

Noah loves to help me in the kitchen. He is in charge of dumping the ingredients complete with dump truck noises, he also likes mixing. He talks about cracking eggs, I haven’t been brave enough yet to let him try one but, I am sure I will soon. Of course I will share that experience with you. He likes to talk about what we have made together in the past. His favorite to date has to be the M&M cookies we made. I didn’t have a recipe that used regular M&M’s and I couldn’t find the minis or the baking ones so I had to do a little rough justice and wing it. It worked out perfectly just as I suspected. He asks me every other day if we can make more M&M cookies. We still have some in the freezer.

Yesterday, we made Triple Berry Muffins from a pouch; I learned that Noah loves muffins by sampling one at the store once. I was going to buy muffins but then I thought muffin mix is really cheap and homemade is better, because I can add my secret ingredient. I have a silicone mini muffin pan that I use. The muffins come out to be what I call baby size. They aren’t big and they aren’t the next smaller size. One pouch makes 6 regular sized muffins, using my pan it makes 24. So, hopefully that gives you an idea on how small they are. I think they are the perfect size for Noah. They aren’t too big and they are not messy! Those are both important when you have a three year old.

I hope this series will help me create many fun filled memories and instill a lifelong love of cooking for Noah. I also hope that it will encourage you all to get your kids in the kitchen and provide you all with the knowledge and resources to do so.

If you have a kid friendly cooking or baking product, or a product that makes food that kids would enjoy and want to be featured in my awesome series, please use my contact form or email me. I am really looking forward to my series and I hope you are too!

4 comments:

  1. what a cute idea!! you should add cookbooks to the list too - there are tons of great cookbooks that have a lot of inspiring ideas for kids and their parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome series. I can't wait to read more. I love cooking with my daughter and I look forward to learning some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be on the lookout for this. My boys love helping me out in the kitchen also. Looking forward to your stories and some new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun for when my daughter is a little older!

    I left you an award on my blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete